Bath Blue, Caramelised Onion and Pancetta tart
The Bath Blue, Caramelised Onions, and Pancetta tart – a savoury masterpiece that marries creamy blue cheese, sweet onions, and crispy pancetta in every delightful bite.
2 sliced onions
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp Butter
1 tsp Brown Sugar
Ready rolled pastry (or make your own)
50 g Wyfe of Bath
50 g Bath Blue
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Place a pan on a medium heat, cook the pancetta until they begin to brown and crisp.
- Add the onions, olive oil and butter and cook until softened, then add the brown sugar, once caramelised, put to one side for later.
- Line a tart tin with the pastry making sure to gently mould the pastry into the tin. Grate the Wyfe of Bath into the base.
- Add in the caramelised onions and pancetta
- Crumble on the Bath Blue
- Cook for roughly 20 minutes or until golden
- Enjoy with a nice side salad.