Merry Heifer Hamper
Merry Heifer Hamper
Celebrate in Style with this Merry Heifer hamper. Complete with a 16" Wicker Hamper, containing two Mini Merry Wyfe Cheeses. The Merry Wyfe features a world award winning rind, washed in cider from apples harvested from our own orchard.
This scrumptious Merry Heifer hamper includes :
Bath Soft Cheese (250g) Supreme Champion 2019 Artisan Cheese Awards The flavour is mushroomy and creamy and, when young, has a hint of lemons. Towards the end of its life, it develops a garlicky taste. This cheese is based on a recipe from the 1700s and is mentioned in a letter from Lord Nelson. Leave at room temperature for an hour before serving to get a gooey texture.
Wyfe of Bath (200g) Supreme Champion 2019 International Cheese Awards Succulent, nutty, and creamy. This semi-hard cheese is redolent of buttercups and summer meadows. Similar to a Gouda in texture, it resembles the cheese farmers’ wives would make out of soured milk. It is matured for 4-6 months. Wyfe of Bath takes its name from Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales and, like the tale, when you cut into a Wyfe of Bath you will get a taste of old England.
Bath Blue (200g) Supreme Champion 2014 World Cheese Awards A classic blue veined cheese - it has been likened to Stilton. A creamy cheese that retains some of the blue piquancy but is not as strong as the majority of blue cheeses. Best Cheese in the World!
Merry Wyfe 2 x (Mini round) 330g UK Champion 2019 International Cheese Awards Made by washing the pressed curds of a Wyfe of Bath in cider every other day for four weeks. The pasteurized cider is made on the farm by Graham Padfield, with apples he has grown. The crystalized rind comes from the cider breaking down the amino acids and peptides (chains of amino acids). The distinctive orange rind, which comes from the cider wash, imparts earthy and umami tones in a creamy, buttery paste. A rich, slightly sweet, fruity long-lasting flavour. It’s called Merry Wyfe because she is a little tipsy after her cider bath!
- Extra Mature Wyfe of Bath (200g) Mature version of our 2019 Supreme Champion This is a Wyfe of Bath that has matured for between 12 and 18 months. Stronger in taste but still retaining its creamy consistency and an additional fudge-like aftertaste.
- Two Pilton Two Rivers Somerset Ciders - 33cl x 2
- Fine Cheese Co. Walnut, Honey and Extra Virgin Olive Oil Crackers
- Fine Cheese Co. Heritage Squares
- The Bay Tree - Sticky Figgy (110g)
- The Cherry Tree - Cheeseboard Chutney (210g)
- The Cherry Tree - Spicy Tomato and Caramelised Onion (210g)