- We have created a grocery home delivery scheme from scratch for our village and the next six nearest villages.
- We’ve created a simple home delivery cheese selection with free next day delivery for the whole of the UK.
- We have slashed the minimum online order to £20 for free next day delivery to anywhere in UK.
- We have lent our two refrigerated vans and drivers to Borough Market Online online to allow them to serve more people in need so that anyone within a 3.5 mile radius get all their essentials from Borough market
Unfortunately, we have had to close our beautiful new Cafe to prevent unnecessary contact between customers and to support the government instructions to stop all social gatherings, however, our shop remains open and our milk vending machine is still being filled with our fresh organic whole milk. We continue to sell essentials from the shop: cheese, milk, eggs, butter, bread, etc with our adjusted opening hours.
It’s difficult to run a shop to serve the community and help reduce contagion. We’ve had to think through the policies that anyone visiting the shop over the next few weeks must adhere to in order to keep themselves and others safe. These are the key rules we’re asking customers to observe:
- Do not linger around the Shop – once you have made your purchase please move right away.
- Respect personal space – leave plenty of room between you, other customers and staff.
- Only touch things that you are taking away with you – we are all potential carriers and virus spreaders.
- Stay away and self-isolate if they or anyone else in their household has a high temperature, cough and/or cold
The response has been amazing. We’ve been inundated with orders for both the home delivery cheese selection and for the local villages grocery boxes. It’s a huge challenge, there are teething problems with the websites and human errors packing the orders and delivering but we’re learning. We’re energised by the positive and grateful feedback that we’ve had back from the community and all our customers. Feedback is essential to improvement and if you’d like to get involved just use #feedingthenation and show us your deliveries arriving @bathsoftcheese! We are proud to be able to continue to support our local community and our people all over the country at this difficult time.For more information about any of the services mentioned in this post please visit www.parkfarm.co.uk; Kelston Village website: https://kelston.
Hugh and everyone at Bath Soft Cheese